A list of software/hardware prerequisites required before installing Qommentary
Before installing Qommentary on-premises we recommend completing the following prerequisites checklist to ensure your host environment is ready for installation:
- Review minimum System requirements
- Open ports 5004 and 5006 inbound in Qommentary Server
- Open port 4242 (QRS) inbound in Qlik Sense Server
- Open port 4243 (QPS) inbound in Qlik Sense Server
- Install SSL certificate to be applied to Qommentary server-hosted applications
IIS need to be enabled on the server where Qommentary will be hosted. For a full list of required IIS features, please refer to our guide.
Qommentary support the following databases:
If desired, a new PostgreSQL instance can be fresh installed or connect to an excising instance during the installation wizard.
A Qommentary deployment requires 2 components to be hosted on-premises: the Qommentary Engine and the Qommentary Manager.
These components communicate internally behind the firewall via dedicated ports and no connection to the internet is required.
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the server where Qommentary would be hosted:
If desired, ports can be changed during installation.
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the server where Qlik Sense is hosted: