This section will walk you through upgrading Qommentary to a newer version.
Please note that in version 21.4.0 the .NET Core Hosting Bundle version was upgraded to 3.1.19.
If upgrading to this version or higher, you will need to manually install the .NET Core Hosting Bundle executable which is included in the upgrade package under Dependencies.
Before upgrading, we recommend creating a backup of:
- the Qommentary installation folder
- the Qommentary PostgreSQL database
- all Qommentary extensions stored under the Static Content folder (Shared Persistence)
To find out what is your Shared Persistence network location, please go to the QMC > Service Cluster, under Cluster Settings.
- 1.Download the Qommentary Service Release package on the server to be upgraded
- 2.Unzip contents to a server path location of your choice
- 1.Search for Windows Powershell and open with "Run as an administrator"
- 2.Change paths to the package download location
- 4.You should see a success confirmation message as below:
For a Qlik Sense multi-node architecture, this process should be run on each node.
- 1.Open PGAdmin
- 2.Go to package download location
- 3.Run SQL scripts found in Qommentary Database folder
In your upgrade package, you will find a Qommentary Extension folder with the patched extensions. You will be required to manually import these extensions in Qlik Sense.
To upgrade an extension in Qlik Sense, please follow these steps:
- 1.Navigate to Dev Hub
- 2.Search for "Qom"
- 3.Click on the extension targeted for upgrade
- 4.Back up environment config in a text file
- 5.Navigate to QMC » Extensions
- 6.Delete the extension targeted for upgrade
- 7.Import the upgraded extension
- 8.Navigate back to Dev Hub
- 9.Paste back your environment config
- 10.Click on Save