During the installation, the setup wizard will automatically install all software required for Qommentary to operate properly.
If any of these dependencies shall become corrupted during installation or upgrade, please follow these instructions to restore the affected software:
Internet Information Services
Web Platform Installer (IIS)
URL Rewrite (IIS)
.NET Core Hosting Bundle
SQL Server (optional)
1. Use the Add Roles and Features wizard from the Manage menu or the link in Server Manager. On the Server Roles step, check the box for Web Server (IIS).
2. After the Features step, the Role services step loads for Web Server (IIS). Select the IIS role services desired or accept the default role services provided.
1. Download and install the Web Platform Installer from the following location:
2. Accept terms and click on Install
3. Click on Finish
4. Restart IIS and you should see the Web Platform Installer icon
1. Open IIS and select the default server 2. Double-click on the Web Platform Installer icon
3. Type Rewrite URL in the search box and press Enter
4. Click on Add and then Install
5. Accept the license terms
Install the .NET Core Hosting Bundle on the hosting system. The bundle installs the .NET Core Runtime, .NET Core Library, and the ASP.NET Core Module. The module allows ASP.NET Core apps to run behind IIS. If the system doesn't have an Internet connection, obtain and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable before installing the .NET Core Hosting Bundle.
Download the installer using the following link:
1. Accept terms and Install
2. Click on Close
When installing Qommentary, you'll be required to enter details to connect to an existing PostgreSQL instance. If you choose to install a new instance, please follow these steps:
1. Select the version and download the installer using the following link:
2. Click on Next
3. Select an installation directory or leave default
4. Select a directory to store data
5. Enter a password for the database super user
6. Select a port number
7. Select a locale
8. Once installation is complete click on Finish
If you wish to use SQL Server as your source database, please install from the following location:
SQL Server Express 2017
SQL Server Management Studio 2017